Yikes. I know I've all but abandoned this blog, but I didn't realize that my last post was the MDR activity from last year!
One of my presents from my husband this Christmas was Photoshop Elements - finally, I can edit with something other than Picasa! I really want to continue to learn how to shoot and edit better, so I'm going to recommit to this blog (and Ashley's SHS!). I may not do it every week, but I hope to not have my next post be on January 1, 2014. :)
1. ME: I am most proud this year of losing weight. I joined Weight Watchers in a post-holiday slump, half-sure that I'd quit after 3 weeks. Nope. I stayed focused on my eating habits and managed to lost 30lb and achieve lifetime status at WW. And, the biggest accomplishment? This September, some of my friends and I did the Color Run. It was my first 5K and though I didn't run the whole time, I ran a decent amount - certainly more than I ever could have. Yay me!
2. I LOVE YOU: My favorites. :)
3. STILL LAUGHING: My youngest's birthday is in July so we often hold his party in the backyard with a sprinkler, blow-up pool, etc. This year, we added a slip-and-slide to the mix, and I think some of the grownups (mainly my brother and brother-in-law) had more fun than the kids!
4. WINTER WONDERLAND: Believe it or not, NJ has seen very little snow in the past year! A picture with our favorite North Pole resident will have to do.
5. BIRTHDAY: Not a great pic but here are my boys helping me blow out my candles as I celebrated my 32nd birthday.
6. FRIENDS: I hadn't seen my good friend Jen in ages, but we finally arranged a little get-together this summer before school started. All friendships, grown-ups and kids alike, picked up right where they left off.
7. I WAS INSPIRED: In February, we took a long weekend trip to Disney World, primarily to see my sister- and brother-in-law race in Disney's Princess Half-Marathon. While we were waiting along the sidelines to watch them, I had fun taking pics of some of the costumes the racers were wearing. I happened to catch this woman as she sped by, and I was so inspired by her. I was at the very beginning of my weight loss journey at the time, and I felt so motivated. If she could put aside her difficulties and race in a half-marathon, then I could surely get off my butt and focus on a healthier lifestyle.
8. SPRING FEVER: This photo was taken in March right before spring started. It was so refreshing to see short-sleeved weather so early!
9. TRAVEL OR VACATION: Our first few minutes in the Magic Kingdom!
10. SUMMER DAYS: For the past few years, one of our favorite family traditions is to go "balloon chasing" - we load up on ice coffee and munchkins and park somewhere to watch the Quick Check Balloon Festival. When they lift off, we watch their direction - and chase them! We've been lucky so far and have always been able to watch some land.
11. A DAY IN MY LIFE: A cell phone selfie of me and my buddies. Yes, we do this often. :)
12. ALL SMILES: Chocolate is one-third of the trifecta that makes me happy (the other two would be my kids and coffee).
13. AUTUMN HARVEST: Funnily enough, last year I posted a snowman picture from October - and this year I'm posting a beach picture from October. New Jersey is weird. :)
14. FAMILY OR HOME: We are so lucky to live so close to one of the hottest cities in the US, maybe the world. Yet, interestingly enough, until this summer I had only been to the Statue of Liberty once, and my husband not at all. So this summer, we did a bunch of day trips and took the kids to visit Lady Liberty.
15. CELEBRATE: Another cell phone shot from the Color Run. We did it!!
16. LET'S DO IT AGAIN: For our anniversary this August, my husband and I ditched the kids in favor of a night away at the Revel, a new hotel in Atlantic City. It was the first time we ever left the kids to actually go AWAY and it was wonderful. We missed them, of course, but we thoroughly enjoyed some time for each other.
17. I MISS YOU: Ahh, the beach.
18. BEAUTIFUL: What can possibly be more gorgeous than Disney World at night? Not the sharpest photo, but I love the colors.
19. DRESS UP: Another Disney photo! I think it would be so much fun to have a job where you got to dress like a princess every day. And yes, I wore my Snow White shirt (and a tiara!) to have breakfast with the princesses.
20. MACRO: I think this is the closest one I have this year. Interestingly (?) it was originally shot to be used for a Scavenger Hunt that I never followed through with.
21. HOLIDAYS: I have a great one to share but haven't put it online yet. Hopefully later today!
22. MY FAVORITE: Fav coffee + one of my fav places (the hair salon)
23. DON'T EVER CHANGE: My life is crazy. My life is stressful. But I love every second of it and I hope that never changes.
24. JUST BECAUSE... SO THERE! I have driven past this farm twice a day, every day for YEARS. Yet, until this past summer, I'd NEVER seen them cross (which they apparently do twice a day). My kids were so excited!
25. HOPES AND DREAMS: More of the same. I'm a lucky, lucky woman.