Sunday, March 27, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

I have always admired the scavenger hunts on my friend's blog, My Take on Photography.  In fact, when I created this blog, I had it in my mind that I wanted to start participating in such activities.  My friend Amanda and I decided to visit Ramblings and Photos and give her weekly hunts a whirl.  We agreed to only trying to do 1 or 2 a week.

I couldn't resist, though, and was determined to do all 5.  I had a blast and can't wait to get going on this week's assignments!

Groups of Three: I don't experiment too much with editing since most of my pics are for my food blog or family blog, so I really had some fun with this one.  I added some shadows and then blew out the window.  I ended up cropping out the walls, but they had turned this funky shade of blue.  Very Andy-Warhol-esque.

Things That Make You Go "Hmmm": We have a matching set of 4 of these little plaques in our powder room.  They've been perched on a ledge shelf for a few weeks.  Out of nowhere, this particular one starting kamikaze-ing off of the shelf.  This is baffling because a) it's only this one, and b) it's gotten up close and personal with the tile floor numerous times before finally biting the dust.

"Me" Time: Over the weekend, I spent a few hours holed up in our home office writing a final exam and grading papers.  I could hear my kids running amuck on the other side of the door and I caught myself chuckling; I need to have a ton of work to do in order to drink my coffee while it's still hot.

Decay (Old/Abandoned): This might be my favorite shot of the week, though my husband claims it's "embarrassing."  I took this shot of our Christmas tree.  Yes, I know it's March.  It's been in our backyard for months - it seems whenever they were going to do tree pick-ups, it would snow again and hold the tree hostage.  It's finally gone, but not before I headed outside for some fun with a stray ornament who hasn't yet returned to the basement.

Kitchen: I really wanted to follow Ashley's idea of a self-portrait, but using my timer isn't always a good idea with a 20-month-old running around.  Instead, I took advantage of my boiling egg noodles.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you really embraced the challenge and got all the items. I love the composition of the first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suck. I never got a chance to take a picture. Please promise you won't disown me as a friend. I PROMISE TO BE GOOD THIS WEEK AND TAKE A PICTURE!!!!

    I really love the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha love the old Christmas tree!! They never picked up ours either, so finally my husband tossed it in the woods. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! I love the old Christmas tree and cute ornament! We didn't have one this year so I was off the hook on the disposal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the look of the Starbucks shot.

    ReplyDelete