Wahoo - I managed to finish my second week of Ashley's Scavenger Hunts! I had so much fun taking these, but perhaps even cooler was going to her post and being able to see everyone else's entries too. It's fascinating to see so many interpretations and perspectives!
1. IN THE DISTANCE: I caught Ryan playing an interesting game of dinosaurs at the table. It seems, however, more appropriate to call it "Which of these things is not like the other?"
2. TINY: Ryan gets a prize on Fridays from his teachers if he naps or plays quietly during naptime all week. There's a prize box of sorts and the kids can pick their reward. I told him to make sure he keeps this thing out of Danny's reach, and couldn't help but grab my camera when I saw he stuck her on the bookshelf in our office.
3. HIGH KEY: I must confess that this one stumped me. I had NO idea what "high key" meant. Am I supposed to take a picture of my keys on a high shelf? Someone singing? I googled, not really expecting to find anything, but lo and behold "high key" is a term used to describe the level of brightness in a photo. I think. I'm not really sure where the line is between "high key" and "over exposed," but I had fun playing around. And hey - I learned something new!
4. BEDROOM: I initially brought Danny up to my room because we recently hung a full length mirror by the closet. He loves to talk to himself in it and I think it would make the coolest shot. I did get a few reflection shots, but they weren't as fantastically awesome as this one. (Now, if only I had nicer curtains... but at least I thought enough to crop out the laundry!)
5. STRIPES: I took this shot for my food blog this weekend. Maybe I should have ironed the towel first...