Thursday, April 28, 2011

Shoot and Edit: Friends/Family

It's rare that I actually appear IN the same shots as my kids, so I treasure the ones that do exist. My husband took this one on Easter, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it to fix it up a bit.


After some cropping, contrast, fill light, and saturation, here is the final product!


The focusing and positioning of the sun are a bit unfortunate... but, of course, I only would have had control over one of them. ;)

Visit Ramblings and Photos to see her tutorial and to scope out others' editing techniques!

(I still seem to be having issues with posting pics to blogger. The quality is great on picasa and even on FB when enlarged - any ideas?)

5 comments:

  1. Even though your focus is a bit off I love how your edit makes your colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful capture & the edit makes it even better! As far as posting pics on the web, I was never really satisfied either until I started uploading them to Flickr...you'll see the quality will be even better than that of picasa! It's free & worth a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job "fixing" the photo! It is important to have pictures of mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Love the color pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you kept the memory even if there were some "technical difficulties" :) These out of focus shots can still be treasured!! I adore this shot mostly because you made a point to get in one with your kids -- and that's awesome in itself!!

    p.s. I load my pics to flickr and then post them to my blog post. I don't normally use blogger, and I've heard several people have issues with it. I didn't have any issues, but since I already store all my pics on flickr anyway, I didn't see the point in uploading the same pics to two separate places. :)

    ReplyDelete